UPCOMING EVENTS IN YOUR LOCAL AREA
Throughout every metropolitan area there are numerous organizations and community builders organizing events, workshops and activities designed to help people heal, become empowered and rebuild communities. We’ve created this monthly article to provide a centralized location where justice involved individuals, victims of crime, system-impacted families and advocates could easily find local community building activities, restorative justice workshops, and systems change events.
Find Upcoming Local Events
3 Simple Steps:
- Click on the current month and year’s UPCOMING EVENTS
- Scroll down to Comments to see the current Upcoming Events. (See at the bottom of this Article.)
- Read opportunities available and click on their LINK to view additional information.
- Posted links will redirect you to flyers, videos, or registration forms hosted on external sites. For your security, we recommend NEVER clicking on external site’s links that you’ve been redirected to from a posting on our site. Rather, we recommend writing down the information posted and if you need additional information or to fill out a form, contact their organization directly.
- Once you’ve recorded the information they’ve posted, simply use the BACK ARROW at the top of your Browser to return to PURE 1’s page and continue searching opportunities and events.
- Using our SEARCH FIELD: If you want to see opportunities and events for other months, you can use the search field by typing in the monthly article’s name you’re wanting to look up. Use the following format when using the Search field (abbreviated month) “Month Year-Upcoming Events” – “Aug 2021-Upcoming Events”.
Community Member’s Monthly Opportunities Postings
Are you a Registered Organization or Community Builder who wants to share individual growth and community building UPCOMING EVENTS with our reentry, justice involved, and system-impacted community members? We’ve made posting these monthly opportunities easy.
Easily Post Flyers and Information:
- Log into your Community Member Account
- (Community Builders and Registered Organizations)
- Go to Your Metro Area Blog page
- Select the appropriate Article (Month Year-Upcoming Events)
- Post your Comment detailing the opportunity and providing any links
Notes on Posting Links:
We encourage our Community Members to post live links to any promotional flyers or videos they’ve created for upcoming opportunities and events. Doing so provides a centralized location where all community members can easily find opportunities to help them improve their lives and economic standing.
- Note, your flyers and videos will be hosted on your site (or shared drive that is open to the public such as Google Drives, YouTube, or your website). After providing a brief description of the upcoming event, simply provide the link to your shared file, webpage, or video.
- For consistency and ease in reading and searching information, we recommend using a STANDARDIZED FORMAT when Posting COMMENTS.
- In five words (or less) state what TYPE of Event it is.
- Eg: Community Building and Networking Activity, Restorative Justice Workshop, Systems Change Event, etc.
- Provide Your Event’s Title/Name (if applicable)
- Concisely provide additional details, preferably in 1-3 sentences.
- Provide a web link to additional flyers, information or videos (if applicable).